Saturday, December 21, 2013

Reindeer Poop: vegan and GF cookie dough bites


This has been my super quick go to recipe for the holiday season since I came up with it; the great thing about this is it's something you can do all year round, vegan and gluten free friends can enjoy them, and they're so good no one can resist them. They're kinda like reese's peanut butter cups in cookie dough form. I found this lovely recipe over on momables but ended up tweaking it so much I think it qualifies as a different recipe. Here's the lowdown of what I did, but if you're feeling creative let me know what changes you made in the comments! I couldn't think of a better name for it but I think it's cute, no?

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup crushed almonds
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons maple syrup to bind

Directions

  1. Mix ingredients in a in a bowl with a fork until it resembles cookie dough. if it doesn't stick together, add more syrup. If it's too sticky, add a bit more flour.
  2. roll into one inch balls (about a teaspoon of dough)
  3. chill in the fridge for about an hour
  4. enjoy!
this recipe makes about a dozen balls. I've made this recipe once with regular flour and once with coconut. Both times it came out great! If you would like it to look marbled like the photo, add the cocoa powder after everything else has been mixed. 

Other substitute ideas: almond butter, whole wheat flour, nutella, agave nectar, walnuts, peanuts, gosh the possibilites are endless...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments you lovelies leave for me. I read each and every one of them and every time I get a new comment it really makes my day <3 Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...