Sunday, November 18, 2012

OOTN: For his Birthday!


A couple of months ago I treated Zack to a Jim Hall Concert in NYC at Birdland for his birthday. It was loads of fun! I haven't listened to jazz in a while since I've been on this kpop jpop cpop (Korean, Japanese, and Chinese) kick. Jim Hall is a wonderful guitarist and a funny old man.


When I go to the city I try to avoid heels because it usually means lots of walking whether we take the train or drive in. The parking garage was pretty close to the venue so I decided to risk it and wear heels. I survived! Since this was a jazz club, I wanted to look mature but not old. I think I managed ok! The top is feminine and timeless, but the accessories and hair I think made it more me even if I'm a crocheting old lady who enjoys tea and an early bed time on the inside.


D E T A I L S :

  • Pink top: Talbots
  • Skinnies: Kohl's
  • Heels: probably Payless; they're really old!
  • Sparrow earrings: Target
  • Chain earrings: Charlotte Russe


M A K E U P

  • Urban Decay's Dangerous palette - Mildew, Virgin, Oil Slick
  • Urban Decay's Primer Potion
  • Urban Decay's 24/7 Eye Pencil - Oil Slick
  • Ulta's Lash Blow Out Mascara
  • Revlon's ColorStay liquid foundation
  • Hard Candy's Hide & Glow cheek tint - pillow talk (316)

I really have to do this hairstyle again! It was relatively easy, and my first updo. When I do this style again I'll be sure to make a video/blog post :3 This style lasted a couple of days and I even got a few compliments *brush dem shouldas*

TTFN! <3
-Avé

P.S. You can use code TENBLOG through December 23rd at Kohls.com to get 10% off! It can be used to stack savings with one other department level code as well. Hot stuff!

3 comments:

I really appreciate all the comments you lovelies leave for me. I read each and every one of them and every time I get a new comment it really makes my day <3 Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...