Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Alt Groove 2.20.13


IT'S BACK! Finally, right? First show of the semester ya'll, and it felt better than expected. 

TOPICS:
  • Around this time, those diet and eating healthy resolutions start to fade. But fear not! here's a list of some helpful heathy tips to keep you on track. One that's not mentioned that's great for college students: use less of the seasoning pack to cut out some sodium, and add things like frozen veggies, chicken, tofu, or beans to add protein, fiber, and other awesome nutrients that are lacking from this typical meal. With all that added goodness, you could split the meal and save half for later. Other favorites were don't drink calories, don't skip meals, and end calorie consumption 3 hours before bed time. 
  • Google glasses are here! But only for a select few to start. You could get your hands on a pair to test out if you're willing to drop $1500. THE FUUUTUREEE.
  • The new health care law will allow employers with more than 50 employees to charge overweight employees more for their insurance if they so choose. I do think this is a good idea since lets face it; with extra weight comes extra health risks. Employers are also implementing programs rewarding those who lose weight. 
  • Gaga cancelled the remainder of the Born This Way Ball. I'm heartbroken that she's injured, but excited that I'll be able to go to her concert whenever she recovers. She would have been in my area in March and March is booked for me. Selfish? Maybe just a little, but I wish her the best in her recovery!
  • Meteor hits the atmosphere over Russia. 500+ injured, but no fatalities. I think it was the illuminati. 
  • Woman accused of threatening Gateway Community College with a mass shooting. This is so scary because it's my alma mater, so I pray that this will be dealt with swiftly. The FBI currently has her in custody.
  • Blade Runner from South Africa shot his girlfriend through the bathroom door. Accident or not?
PLAYLIST:


Missed this show? that's ok. Click here!

That was a mouthful. Till next time!
-Avé

P.S. New thingy on the side bar: Events! Mostly galleries/exhibits that I've seen or would like to see in the CT and NYC areas. huzzah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments you lovelies leave for me. I read each and every one of them and every time I get a new comment it really makes my day <3 Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...