Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pottery I show and tell!

Yay for pottery! This was such an amazing experience. I had a really awesome (and accomplished) professor who's body of work is similar to what I like, so I couldn't have been more privileged. It took me a while to get the hang of it but I was able to make a teapot by the end of the class :D Here's a few of my favorite pieces. I'm hoping to build on some of these ideas. 



I really wanted a jar that said ¡azucar! in honor of Celia Cruz and for the fact that my family simply doesn't have a sugar jar.


At NCECA I snagged a bunch of decals to see what they were all about. I like using them; hopefully I'll come up with an interesting set with the remainder of decals I have.


Chinese character for love, "ài." My friend Ninh was teaching me some of his brush stroke techniques.


This lil' dude is one of 5 mugs, all with different expressions. I really want to make a ton more of these!


My first cylinder >__>....


Poop pendants! Ok so it's not pottery but I'm still into jewelry.


I finished all of the assignments in class with enough time for my professor to teach me how to throw a teapot. I can strain my tea in it and everything! ^_^

Needless to say I'm looking forward to pottery II now that I know what I'm doing (sort of, haha). I experimented alot in this class, especially with the glazes. I'm a little bit bummed that I wont have easy access to a wheel for a couple of months but I just bought 25lbs of clay to play with over the summer, so I'll be making pinch pots and trays and other fun handbuilt things. You can check out the rest of my work from the class over on my facebook page.




2 comments:

  1. All these pieces are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! looking to improve in the coming months :)

      Delete

I really appreciate all the comments you lovelies leave for me. I read each and every one of them and every time I get a new comment it really makes my day <3 Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...