Monday, August 20, 2012

DIY: Nail Polish Box


My sister and I have quite the nail polish collection. If I were to guess, probably around 50 to 60 polishes. We have all of our stuff in a reusable bag and a plastic container all sorts of jumbled up....lame sauce! I usually decide as I go when I paint my nails, so that means I paint the base coat and then think "mint polkadots would look so rad with this color!" and as my nails are drying, I'd attempt to find the mint and eventually mess up a nail or two.


This nifty little box solves that issue and makes painting my nails a breeze! The shoe box I used was for flats, so it's narrower than the average shoe box (allows for a maximum of 21 polishes). The average toilet paper roll fits most polishes perfectly. For this project, you'll need a shoe box, 5 or more toilet paper rolls, a glue gun, and scissors (optional: paint). Cool thing about this project is that it will cost you NOTHING! Except patience. I had to wait for my family to go through enough rolls...



D I R E C T I O N S :

  1. Paint the insides and outsides of all the toilet paper rolls.
  2. Cut the tubes in 1" increments. 1 tube = 4 little rings
  3. If you have different size tubes like I did, situate the rings before you glue them in the shoe box. Then glue the bottom of the rings one by one and place them accordingly.
  4. Organize your polishes however you'd like, then paint a little swatch of the polish in the corresponding ring. This allows you to put back the polishes in the right ring. 
  5. Once you have all the rings filled, you can paint the lid to match the swatches. This way, you don't have to lift each polish to find the right color. 


Done! Wahoo! Time for a manicure :D

TTFN!<3

4 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I love the swatches on the lid especially. All too often I forget what a color actually looks like out of the bottle, and that would make it so much easier. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! thanks so much for stopping by :D

      Delete
  2. We also offer IQC, IPQC, FQC & OQC compliance, as well as ISO9001, ISO14000 & ISO18000 compliance. nail polish glass bottles

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments you lovelies leave for me. I read each and every one of them and every time I get a new comment it really makes my day <3 Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...