Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tune in Tuesday: Grizzly Bear's Veckatimest

image via

  • Genre: Alternative, neo-psychedelia, lo-fi, indie rock
  • Favorite track: "Southern Point"
  • First listen: April 2010
  • Released: May 2009
  • Found out through: Last.fm recommendations 
  • Listen to this while you're: dreaming
Funny story about Grizzly Bear. In 2008, Zack a couple of his friends and I went to see Radiohead. The venue was about two or three hours away. We were about two thirds of the way there when we realized we left the tickets at home. We make a very panicked u-turn and called his aunt to see if she could look up any way to get in without the tickets or have her meet us half way or ANYTHING really. We thought we were screwed. She called us back and said to show the card used to purchase the tickets at the booth and they'll print us new ones. Wiping the sweat off our brow, we make another u-turn and make it to our seats just in time to hear Radiohead open with "Reckoner." We missed the opening band but we didn't care! We didn't miss anything Radiohead did.

Almost two years later I stumble Upon Grizzly Bear. I'm really diggin' Veckatimest--like on repeat pretty heavy--and I mention it to Zack.

"Oh yeah, they were the opening band we missed when we went to see Radiohead,"says fiancé ever so nonchalantly.

I cried on the inside. All I could think is IF ONLY.... *Le sigh*




TTFN!<3

2 comments:

  1. I love Indie Rock and always love finding new bands. Thanks for sharing, this band sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome! so glad you like em, thanks for stopping by my blog :3

      Delete

I really appreciate all the comments you lovelies leave for me. I read each and every one of them and every time I get a new comment it really makes my day <3 Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...