Sunday, August 12, 2012

Potato and Corn Festival!


I've been so busy with work, I'm glad I'm finally getting to this post as I watch the closing ceremony for the Olympics (btw, OMG SPICE GIRLS INNER CHILD SO HAPPY). Anyways, the Potato and Corn Festival was great! I go for the food, of course, but there's plenty more to see and do there. They have corn eating contests, sack races, carnival rides, and vendors to shop.


As it was the Potato and Corn Festival, one would expect to eat potatoes and uhh...corn Although they are delicious, I had that last year. So I went for the Thai food from Thai Awesome. My veggie pad thai with garlic chicken was the best. ESPECIALLY with the sriracha sauce. Noms.



The Thai food was awesome, but the star of the evening was Big Couzin's Doughnuts, made fresh to order. Not gonna lie, these doughnuts are reason enough to go to the festival. I could eat them forever. These doughnuts were love at first bite. They cook them right in front of you, flipping them with dowels to golden perfection as you salvate buckets. Then you get the choice of sugar or cinnamon sugar, they shake it in a big bag of your choice, wrap a napkin around it and send you on your way to pure doughnut bliss.

I look forward to going again next year, and I shall buy many doughnuts. Nom nom nom.

TTFN!<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments you lovelies leave for me. I read each and every one of them and every time I get a new comment it really makes my day <3 Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...