Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tune in Tuesday: "All The Rowboats" by Regina Spektor

image via
  • Genre: Alternative, Anti-folk, Indie 
  • First Listen: yesterday
  • Released: May 2012
  • Found out through: Fresh Air interview on NPR
  • Listen to this while you're: running away
I leave NPR on in my car all the time. When they play music, it tends to be pretty rare, but pretty awesome. I was so stoked to hear Regina Spektor and I had no idea she has a new album out! "All the Rowboats" is from What We Saw From the Cheap Seats. I haven't gotten the chance to hear the whole album yet, but this song captivated me. 

"All the Rowboats" is layered with driving riffs, dark undertones, and imagery in abundance. Her classical training definitely shines but what I love is the percussive noises she makes with her mouth throughout the track. You can tell she has evolved as an artist since Begin to Hope. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album!


2 comments:

  1. I adore her but I haven't listened in a while. Definitely giving this a listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard her interview on Fresh Air too! I work in entertainment, so I've heard of Regina Spektor, but only ever just heard of her name. And when I listened to the interview a few weeks ago(and then the last bit just this past week I think it was), I totally loved her singing. Haven't had a chance to really listen to much more than what I heard on NPR, but I will for sure soon!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments you lovelies leave for me. I read each and every one of them and every time I get a new comment it really makes my day <3 Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...