Monday, September 17, 2012

September Feature: Jessie from Young Georgia Love!



What's your blog about?
Young Georgia Love is basically just a place that I want anyone and everyone to come to and feel better about themselves. I take the time to record some of the daily happenings in my own life, but for the most part I try to spread positive messages about loving yourself and living your life to the fullest.

What do you do in real life?
In real life I wear many hats. I am a junior in college right now studying to become a first grade teacher, hopefully in a full-service school in a low socioeconomic status area. I'm also a TA at my campus for a graduate professor; at school I also run the campus newspaper and I'm very active in the Student Activities Association. When I'm not at school, working or learning, I coddle over my adorable dog, Luna and her cat-sister Lola and baby-kitten-brother Seth Jr. I also try and spend as much time with my boyfriend, family, and friends as possible. I like to keep myself busy.

How did you get the name for your blog?
The name from my blog just sort of flowed out naturally. I'm proud of my state and I love the people and life here. I'm a young college student, making my way through a love-filled life in the grand state of Georgia.

What do you love about blogging?
I love the community. I know everyone says that, but it really is true. I also love the act of recording. Taking pictures and creating ways to remember. I eat that stuff up.

Do you have a name for your kitty yet?
Ha! We actually settled on Seth Jr. Our very good friend Seth pretty much drools all over him and we thought it would be funny to name kitten after him. I still refer to him as Kitten though. I think that may be his unofficial name!



Do you have any awesome posts planned?
I do! There are a handful in particular this month that I am really, really excited about. The month's theme over on my blog is "cherish" and I'm really excited about that!

Name three things you love.
I love Snickers candy bars. I love empty journals. I love haikus.

What inspires you?
What most inspires me is the outdoors. I love nature and hiking is by far one of my favorite past times. I'm a little too busy to do it very often, but when I get the chance, it's awesome.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
You see, here's the thing. I'm not completely sure. I want to be able to do everything. And I'm hopeful that that might be a possibility! If I had it absolutely my way, I would be an excellent teacher for a few years, then move on to opening my own bakery/coffee shop/used book store. It's really an awesome concept that I've been developing since high school. I would also like to design greeting cards on the sign, and maybe have a little business with that. Oh, and then I want a handful of rambunctious kids, too. 

How is Georgia different from the rest of the US, in your experience?
Georgia has a slower life, I think. Unfortunately, sometimes people mistake our slowness for lack of intelligence. But, really, it's just a calmer way to do things. The hustle and bustle of the city won't be found here unless you living it up in Atlanta. Other than that, you can expect lazy afternoons, neighbors who know you, and strangers who are willing to help in any way possible. Oh, and loads of sweet tea and fried deliciousness.



Blog // Twitter // Pinterest

Jessie truly is a sweetheart! It has been such a pleasure having her as a sponsor. Her blog is so optimistic and inspiring it's hard for me NOT to love it. Please make sure you stop by her blog and say hi!

TTFN! <3
-Avé

1 comment:

  1. yay! it's been an awesome september because YOU'RE SO AWESOME:)
    all my love:)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments you lovelies leave for me. I read each and every one of them and every time I get a new comment it really makes my day <3 Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...