Thursday, September 20, 2012

Alt Groove Recap: 9.19.12



Excited to be back on the radio! Yesterday was my first show for the semester :O) It airs every wednesdays from 6 pm to 8 pm (EST) on WSIN radio. I play alternative music of the groovy nature (mixed with other genres, of course) and I talk about current events, off beat news and topics, and functions on and off campus (for those online listeners, typically CT or NYC events).  I'll be posting the recaps here like I did last semester after every show; hopefully not this late!


  • The Red Hot Chili Peppers concerts I went to this past May were amazing.
  • I saw Radiohead again this summer too. 
  • Newly discovered ancient text that involves key terms "Jesus" and "Wife." It was written at least 100 years after his death and he often referred the church as his bride so no, this doesn't prove he was married; but I still think it's cool that there's still ancient text to be found.
  • Violent protests continue over the video that mocks Mohammed, but there are photos circulating of peaceful, nonviolent protests against the attacks with signs like "Thugs and killers don't represent Benghazi nor Islam" and "Sorry people of America this is not the behavior of our Islam and prophet." I feel these should at least be mentioned in main stream media to represent the people of Benghazi (and other muslim nations for that matter). If all we see are the extremists it's just not fair to the entire group of people.
  • Romney is basically handing the election over to Obama; or at least 47%. Who is the 47% anyways? John Green lays it out quite nicely.
  • After a seven day strike, teachers of Chicago returned to school this week. The teachers had concerns of the new evaluating system they had in place that bases teacher jobs on the standardized test scores of their students. If you had anything like CAPT, where for two months your curriculum HAULTS and they teach you how to take a stupid test rather than actual pertinent information for the class you're in, you would understand why this would concern teachers. Also, I just don't like standardized tests.
E V E N T S: 
  • Vintage Steel: Art exhibit at the Fair Haven Furniture Store in Fair Haven, CT, now till January 11th. Features x-rayed guitars. I went to the reception; can't wait to tell you all more about it in an official post!
  • Stay in the Dark: Photography art show at SCSU from October 8th through the 14th. Features photography only from the dark room to show it's importance.
  • Durham Fair! 28th - 30th. I hear it's loads of fun with really great food. I'm going for the first time this year :)
M U S I C:



Trying something new! I'm posting the playlists I make for my show on spotify. This particular one features some live tracks from the shows I went to, so those you won't be able to hear (sorry!) But if you're interested, here it is! Eventually I'll become more spotify savvy but for now, this'll do :)


Hope you'll tune in next week!
 - AvĂ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments you lovelies leave for me. I read each and every one of them and every time I get a new comment it really makes my day <3 Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...