Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tune in Tuesday: "Think About It" by Flight of the Conchords

Image via


  • Genre: Parody Folk, acoustic, comedy
  • First Listen: June 2009
  • Released: April 2008
  • Found out through: Surfing Youtube, then watching their show
  • Listen to this while you're: Contemplating the world's troubles
I have a crush on these New Zealand gents. Funny, witty, good tunes, and they have an accent! *swoon* I had a hard time whether to review the whole album or just one track. I sided with reviewing this particular track because the message of the song is always on my brain and it's also my favorite.

This track questions what, what is wrong with the world today? It's pretty funny and light, but at the same time it's got a ring of truth to it, like most of their songs. For example, one of the lyrics in this song:

They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers. But what's the real cost? 'Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper. Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids? What are your overheads?

It also has a groovy 70's riff. Oohhh yeahhh....


TTFN! <3
-Avé

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments you lovelies leave for me. I read each and every one of them and every time I get a new comment it really makes my day <3 Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...